Friday, January 11, 2013

Askesian? Huh?! What's that?

So I decided to call this blog, Askesian Adventures....

So, what exactly does "Askesian" mean?

Askesian is a word that my first-grade teacher taught me - in her words, it means someone who's constantly looking for knowledge, constantly seeking answers, and truly enjoys learning.

From Wikipedia: "The Askesian Society was a debating club for scientific thinkers, established in 1796 in London. The name was taken from the greek term Askesis, meaning 'training' or 'application'.



I -definitely- don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but I do love learning, I love teaching, and I love mentoring. And this is a blog about my adventures through life/whatever else I want to talk about. 

Therefore, I think it fits. 

Askesian Adventures it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment